After 31 years of business as the exclusive distributor of Teflon™ industrial coatings, Intech has been acquired by fellow Chemours’ channel partner, Fluorogistx (FGX).
As the exclusive distributor for Chemours™ Fluoropolymer resins and dispersions in the United States and Canada since 2009, Fluorogistx services a broad spectrum of industries including aerospace, chemical processing, and data communication.
Bob Smith, President of Fluorogistx, joined the company in 2012. Some of you may know him from his 32 years at DuPont managing Teflon ™ businesses. Bob has a well-deserved reputation for serving customers and supporting them through industry economic cycles, some of which have been very challenging.
Fluorogistx and Intech Services share a similar long-term legacy of serving North American customers on behalf of Chemours™. Combining the two entities will create an even stronger market presence and further our ability to meet the needs of our customers in the future.
We are in the process of putting together an extensive list of answers to questions you may have about this transition and how it will affect you. The important takeaways now include:
- Expected transition date is May 1, 2023.
- Intech Services will continue to take and fulfill orders through the end of April.
- There is no price increase for Teflon™ coatings planned.
- Throughout the transition, all open orders and backorders will be fulfilled seamlessly.
- Our team will continue to provide the same excellent product and technical support.
- Fast, reliable shipping will continue.
- The Intech Services name will be retired, and all future business will conducted under Fluorogistx.
Keep your eyes open for more details in the near future.
On behalf of the entire team at Intech, I am very proud of the work we have done at Intech Services and the growth we’ve fostered over the past 31 years. This transition marks an exciting, new chapter for all of us involved, and we will continue to earn your business by providing the same excellence in service and support that you have been accustomed to for the last three decades.